These are all examples of inertia which is the principle that a body in motion tends to stay in motion until another force stops it; and that a body at rest tends to stay at rest until energy to move it is more powerful than the energy it takes to remain at rest.
Follow the brain drops down to discover the correct answer
Are these examples of parasympathetic, inertia, or human error?
Science Head Friday
April 21, 2017
Copyright Nancilee Wydra, 2016. All rights reserved. This information can not be duplicated or reproduced.
If I'm twirling I'll keep spinning,
If I'm happy inertia keeps me grinning!
Public Radio Stations can find
Dictionary Head vocabulary word shows
on the Public Radio Exchange (PRX) at
See more of me on the web at wordwarriorkids.net!
What scientific fact do these scenarios represent?
1. When the alarm clock rings I tend to want to stay sleeping in bed.
2. It is icy outside and I start slipping down hill and don’t stop until I fall down.
3. A pitcher throws a fastball and a batter’s bat hits it.
4. A driver makes a sudden turn & your body moves in the direction of the turning car.
5. When entering a building through a rotating door, it will hit you in the back if you don’t get out of the way.
6. You are watching an exciting show on TV and even though it’s late you fight to stay awake to watch it.